THE VERY LATE – Game #6 Los Angeles Sparks vs San Antonio Silver Stars Game Recap
June 21, 2013 § Leave a comment
*NOTE – I’ve been very busy the past couple of days, and I never got the chance to write the game recap as the game ended roughly around 12:30 am EST on Saturday night. This game was the second game of a 4 game series between both teams. The Silver Stars won the first game and the Sparks took revenge and blew out the Silver Stars by a final score of 84 – 48. It was ugly. VERY ugly. And so therefore, this recap will be VERY short and simple.
Los Angeles – June 14, 2013
The San Antonio SIlver Stars came into Los Angeles having lost both road games on their three day road trip and were looking for redemption against a team who they had beaten previously before. The Sparks on the other hand, were also looking to play a lot tougher than they did the previous night before against the Phoenix Mercury. The game started off with LA starting hot before the Silver Stars came back and made it a game which ended the first quarter with LA up 3 18 – 15. The Sparks and Silver Stars battled in the second quarter also but LA was able to pull away and have a seven point lead at half time. In the third quarter, the Sparks were just too much for the Silver Stars as the Sparks were able to get easy baskets in transition and the Silver Stars had a difficult time scoring. The third quarter was what LA needed to pull out the win and eventually won by a final score of 84-48. In the third quarter, Candace Parker of the LA Sparks had more total points than the entire Silver Stars team. The Silver Stars also were down to 8 players as Jayne Appel was sidelined due to concussion symptoms and were keeping her out for precautionary measures. The Silver Stars next game is a home game against the Seattle Storm on Friday, June 21.
– The LA Sparks got contributions from Nneka, Kristi and Marissa Coleman and hence Candace Parker didn’t need to have a big game for the Sparks to win
– Alana Beard played after being out for several games due to a hamstring injury
– Shameka Christon continues to struggle and I will point this out until she is able to have a good game. Her contributions are NEEDED as the Stars try to get into the playoffs.
– Danielle Adams and Shenise Johnson were the only two double figure scorers for the Stars.
– Danielle Robinson struggled for the second straight game as LA defended her quite well – She is the Silver Stars engine, the Stars won’t win games without her being the leading point guard
– That was UGLY. I hope I never have to watch a blowout of that extreme again this season.