Game #34 – Atlanta Dream vs San Antonio Silver Stars Game Recap – The Final Game of the Season
September 17, 2013 § Leave a comment
The final game of the Silver Stars was historic for both the Silver Stars and their franchise as Danielle Adams had 39 points and the Stars were out of the playoffs for the first time since 2006. The final game recap is brief and is listed below.
September 15, 2013
The San Antonio Silver Stars put on a show over the helpless and road weary Atlanta Dream. The Stars cruised to a 98-67 win over the playoff bound Atlanta Dream and evened the series at 1 game apiece. The Silver Stars finished the 2013 season with a record of 12-22 and 7-9 at home. The Stars were led by Danielle Adams who scored a franchise high 39 points. Shameka Christon finished with a season high 24 points, Shenise Johnson had 20 and Jia Perkins added 10. The Silver Stars shot 49% and dominated from the second period on to win the game. It was one of the rare Silver Stars games this season in which the Stars were able to play well all in all four quarters of the game. In a disappointing season for the Silver Stars, it was a nice way to reward their fans and give them hope for a better season next year.
NOTES + OBSERVATIONS
- Nice way to close out the season. A blowout win with one of the players breaking a record? That’s awesome and good for San Antonio going forward.
- Not one of the biggest attendance figures this season, but still respectable for a team that was struggling all season long
- Jayne Appel didn’t attempt a shot. That is incredibly weird. I guess because San Antonio was playing so well of the other players, they forgot about Jayne or something. I did not anticipate that happening. Not at all.
- The Silver Stars will now either head overseas or stay in the US and prepare for the off season while the coaching staff will prepare to scout for the college season as well as the international season as they look to add to their roster for next season
- Just because the Silver Stars season is over doesn’t mean that the WNBA season is over. The WNBA Playoffs tip off soon and there are some intriguing matchups so make sure you tune into ESPN2 and NBA TV!