Quick Thoughts on Canada vs Australia exhibition game #1
July 27, 2016 § Leave a comment
The Canadian National Women’s Team was back in action today as they faced a tough test in Australia in Delaware. They lost by a final score of 80-67 Listed below are some quick thoughts on the game (*note – No live stream was available and this is by observation through the box score)
The link to the game is right here.
- Canada got off to a rough start early and trailed after the first quarter by a score of 29-13.
- Canada started to get into the groove into the game in the second, third and fourth quarters and made this game very interesting.
- Natalie Achonwa struggled a bit with foul trouble and with her foul shots, but that should get better as she integrates into the team and gets comfortable.
- Nirra Fields sure does brings a lot of energy onto the team.
- Penny Taylor is still an all world player. At the age of 35. Without her and Liz Cambage, Australia is sunk.
- Canada missed a lot of free throws. Work to do for sure. Can’t miss them in the Olympics.
- Canada had a prime opportunity to strike in this game and make a statement but alas, they’ve got major work to do if they are going to be in the group for a possible medal.
- Attendance was listed at 4,910. Not bad, could do better though
- Canada faces a new team (I believe France?) in Bridgeport, Conn on Friday.